Waitressing is an occupation that puts a sizable amount of strain on the feet, making it crucial for waitresses to make good footwear choices. After spending a full day as a server, you shouldn’t have to go home with sore, swollen feet, especially if you’ll be heading right back to the restaurant the very next day. There are plenty of excellent shoes for waitresses available today that are well-made, supportive, and comfortable enough to keep your body feeling great after being on your feet for hours. While it may seem daunting to find a pair of shoes that will be comfortable, supportive, and adhere to your restaurant’s dress code, there are fantastic waitressing shoes available today that have all of those attributes.
To help with your work footwear search, we’ve gathered up the best shoes for waitresses that you can buy today. Have a look and see if one of these excellent pairs of waitressing shoes could be perfect for you!
Top Shoes for Waitresses Comparison Chart
|Product||Material||Sole Material||Slip-Resistant?||Platform Height||Price||Where to Buy?|
|Dansko Women’s Professional Mule||Leather||Polyurethrane||0.75 in||$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Skechers Women’s Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Work Shoes||Leather||Yes||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Alegria Women’s Keli Professional||Leather||Synthetic||Yes||0.25 in||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Emeril Lagasse Women’s Canal Canvas Slip-Resistant Work Shoe||Canvas||Rubber||Yes||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Aisun Women’s Slip On Platform Loafers||Fabric||Rubber||1.35 in||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Skechers Women’s Nampa-annod Food Service Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||Yes||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe||Stable Leather||Rubber||Yes||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|SR MAX Rialto Women’s Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker||PU Leather||Yes||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Emeril Lagasse Women’s Quarter Slip-Resistant Work Shoe||Nubuck||Rubber||Yes||$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Laforst Women’s Leather Slip Resistant Server Waitress Nurse Slip On Flat||Leather||Rubber||Yes||.50 in||$||Check Price On Amazon|
Shoes for Waitresses Buying Guide
Footwear for waitressing requires more consideration than your average pair of shoes. Waitressing will cause significant wear-and-tear on your shoes, so it’s crucial to find a pair that’s built to perform in intensive environments. Waitresses not only have to be on their feet for hours and hours on end, but also have to consider restaurant dress codes, and keep an eye out for spills.
Refer to this comprehensive buying guide to learn about the factors that make (or break) a pair of shoes for waitresses.
What to Look for in Shoes for Waitresses:
Waitresses are virtually always on their feet while they’re on the job, so a comfortable, supportive shoe is a must. If you wear shoes that don’t provide enough cushioning and support as a waitress, your feet will likely be sore at the end of the day. Ultimately, the health of your feet and ankles will suffer without an appropriate pair of shoes for the intense restaurant environment. After all, you’re spending the day walking from the kitchen to the dining room, from table to table, and are often carrying heavy plates or platters. That’s a great deal of pressure to put on your legs, feet, and ankles, so you need to take care of them with an appropriate pair of shoes.
To be comfortable enough for a grueling restaurant shift, shoes for waitresses need to have a combination of arch support and cushioning. Supportive, padded insoles reduce the amount of impact placed on the feet and ankles while standing and walking. This takes the pressure off of your bones, joints, and ligaments so that you may carry out waitressing duties comfortably.
Most restaurants require the wait staff to follow a dress code. Oftentimes, this means that the waitresses must wear black, closed-toe shoes. So, the best shoes for waitresses feature an understated design that comes in a solid black color.
Professional women’s shoes come in many forms, from clogs to sneakers to boots and everything in between. A sneaker design will likely provide a close fit and great arch support. Slip-on options without laces provide a more sophisticated look but may not provide as close of a fit. Ultimately, the style that you prefer is an individual choice, but always make sure that your waitressing shoes adhere to your restaurant’s dress code before you make a purchase.
Slip resistance is a key feature to look for in waitressing shoes. At the restaurant, there’s no way to predict what will happen from one moment to the next. Spills are bound to happen, whether it be water, oil, food, cleaning solutions, etc. To reduce the risk of falling and sustaining an injury, waitresses need to consider shoes that provide traction and protection against slipping.
Shoes that advertise slip resistance as a feature are often specifically designed for people in the food service industry. So, keep an eye out for “women’s work shoes” or “women’s food service shoes” as you hunt for the best shoes for waitresses.
You may be surprised to learn just how important high-quality footwear is to the health of your feet, ankles, and even your back. Great, supportive shoes provide support for the entire foot and encourage good posture, which reduces aches and pains for people who work on their feet. Waitresses are up and about for the majority of the day, transporting dishes to and from the kitchen, seating and serving guests, and more. So, a supportive shoe is an absolute must.
What exactly defines a supportive shoe, you may ask? Always look for a cushioned insole with plenty of support around the arch of the foot. Instead of a flat sole, the insole should mold to the shape of your foot and have enough “give” to make the shoes feel padded.
If you suffer from a chronic foot condition or simply want to further reduce the foot pain experienced as a waitress, consider waitressing shoes that can accommodate custom orthotic inserts. This will help you manage pain more effectively and allow you to go home with healthier, less swollen feet.
Waitressing is an active, involved occupation that will wear down a pair of shoes–and quick! Investing in a high-quality pair of work shoes will not only make your feet feel more comfortable, but will also save you from constantly having to repurchase waitressing shoes. So, make durability a priority in your search for the perfect pair of waitressing shoes. Although durable shoes often have a steep price tag, they’re a great investment for your comfort and wellbeing.
High-quality materials, such as leather, will withstand intensive use for a long time. Sturdy materials also tend to be more resistant to stains, rips, and scratches than less dependable options, such as fabric or canvas. However, long-lasting leather is also heavier than flimsier materials, making for a bulkier, less breathable shoe. It’s important to find a balance between durability and comfort so that you’ll be happy in your waitressing shoes for years to come.
What to Avoid in Shoes for Waitresses:
Patterns and Bright Colors
Servers in many restaurants must pay attention to a dress code and make sure that their footwear options adhere to the rules. So, waitresses should generally avoid work shoes with loud patterns or bright colors. Black is always a safe bet, but sticking to neutral colors is the best way to stay within dress code boundaries.
Given the constant risk of spilled food and drinks in a restaurant, waitresses should certainly avoid white and pale-colored shoes. The risk of staining white shoes as a waitress is quite high, and that may cause you to have to repurchase work shoes.
One factor that greatly contributes to the durability of a pair of waitressing shoes is the thickness of the soles. Always look for shoes with sturdy, supportive soles, ideally with a slip-resistant feature. Thin soles will wear out quickly with the demanding schedule of a waitress, and the support provided by a less-than-ideal sole won’t be enough to reduce foot pain at the end of the day.
While many waitresses may enjoy the look of a pair of shoes with heels, the design simply isn’t practical for the job of a server. A narrow heel will only increase the amount of strain on the feet and ankles during a long shift, meaning more pain when you go home for the day. Always choose comfort over style in a pair of work shoes–if you find waitressing shoes that provide both, you’ll know that you’ve found a winner!
The 10 Best Shoes for Waitresses Reviews
Shoe shopping can be tricky for waitresses–with physically demanding hours, a uniform to consider, and a budget to stick to, it may seem daunting just to find a few good options. That’s why we’ve done the work for you and compiled a list of the best shoes for waitresses available today. Chosen for their superior features, reliable construction, and excellent customer reviews, these waitressing shoes are worth consideration for your hectic life in the restaurant.
Dansko Women’s Professional Mule
These bestselling clogs are undoubtedly a favorite in the realm of professional women’s shoes. The 100% leather, handmade construction delivers on durability so that you won’t have to worry about repurchasing for years to come. The Dansko Professional Mule can withstand intensive, daily use without wearing down, making them an ideal choice for waitresses. Plus, the understated design that comes in black will adhere to any restaurant dress code.
These Dansko women’s shoes feature a polyurethane sole with a shock-absorbing rocker bottom to reduce impact on the feet throughout the work day. This will minimize the foot pain experienced by many waitresses, especially at the end of a long shift. These shoes also have an inner frame that provides stability and prevents torque, lessening the risk of foot or ankle injuries for waitresses on the job. Additional cushioning and support is provided by the thoughtfully developed footbed, which is constructed of comfortable memory foam.
The reinforced toe box on these Dansko work shoes provide much-needed protection for the toes and feet. The heel of these clogs in 2 inches high and the platform measures about 0.75 inches, giving you a small height boost. A wide heel strike is featured in this shoe design, providing stability and support.
The consumer main concern with the Dansko Women’s Professional Mule relates to sizing. Due to the fact that these clogs are handcrafted, the sizing may vary slightly from one shoe to the next. Be sure to consider whether or not you’ll be wearing socks with these shoes, and pay careful attention to the size chart.
- These shoes are handmade and constructed from genuine leather, making them highly durable.
- The reinforced toe box provides added durability, foot protection, and extra room around the toes for comfort.
- The polyurethane outsole has a rocker bottom for shock absorption to reduce strain on the feet.
- The polyurethane inner frame and wide heel strike make for a highly stable shoe, minimizing the risk for injury.
- The sleek, neutral design will coordinate with any outfit or uniform.
- These handmade leather shoes are relatively pricey and aren’t the most affordable option for those on a tight budget.
- Many customers have had difficulty finding the perfect fit for these clogs.
Skechers Women’s Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Work Shoes
For a casual, comfortable work shoe, consider the Skechers Women’s Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Work Shoes. Constructed of genuine leather, these sneakers have a lace-up design so that you can achieve a snug fit.
Mini perforated panels are built into the sides of these work shoes for breathability and an ultra-comfortable cooling effect. Additionally, the cushioned insoles are topped with Memory Foam for all-day comfort. The Flex Sole midsoles are lightweight, flexible, and shock-absorbing to provide ease foot discomfort, even during long shifts at the restaurant. Note that the insoles are removable so that you can insert custom orthotics, if desired.
These Skechers are slip-resistant, which is a fantastic feature for waitresses. At the restaurant, spills and accidents are inevitable, but you can avoid disaster by wearing shoes with great traction, like these women’s work shoes.
- The slip-resistant design allows waitresses to stay safe while moving quickly on their feet.
- The cushioned insoles include a Memory Foam layer for comfort throughout the day, but are also removable if you need to insert custom orthotics.
- To reduce strain on the feet, the Flex Sole midsoles are shock-absorbing and flexible.
- Side mini perforated panels allow for breathability after long hours on the job.
- The sleek black design will go well with any uniform.
- Due to the fact that the insoles are removable, these Skechers shoes don’t have as much arch support as other options on this list.
- These work shoes are sneakers and have a casual design, so waitresses in high-end restaurants may want to look for a dressier shoe.
Alegria Women’s Keli Professional
The Alegria Women’s Keli Professional shoe is an understated, neutral shoe with ample support for waitresses on the job. These shoes are constructed of 100% leather; chose either Nappa leather, embossed leather, or printed leather on the upper portion of the shoe. The leather is stain-resistant–a fantastic feature for waitresses who are always at risk of food stains. The lining of the shoe is also made from leather for a durable, comfortable design.
These Alegria Professional shoes have a slip-on design for comfort and convenience. A slip-resistant polyurethane sole provides increased traction around spills and slippery floors, in addition to shock absorption to reduce foot pain.
For exceptional arch support, the Alegria Keli Professional shoes feature a detachable latex and foam-cushioned footbed. The footbed is partially made from leather-covered cork for reinforcement, but may be detached for those who need a custom insole.
- The 100% leather design is both stylish and durable.
- The stain-resistant leather increases the lifespan of these shoes for waitresses by protecting against food stains.
- The slip-resistant sole increases safety for waitresses while quickly moving around the floor of the restaurant, while also providing shock absorption to reduce strain on the feet and ankles.
- The cushioned footbed provides all-day comfort, but is also detachable if you prefer to use custom orthotics.
- Due to the leather construction of these shoes, the fit will be somewhat tight right out of the box and loosen over time. This inconsistency can be uncomfortable.
- These Alegria shoes can become squeaky with use, which may be irritating for many.
Emeril Lagasse Women’s Canal Canvas Slip-Resistant Work Shoe
The Women’s Canal Canvas Slip-Resistant shoes from Emeril Lagasse’s brand of work footwear combine a casual style with cutting-edge features that are ideal for the needs of waitresses. Constructed of canvas with a slip-resistant rubber outsole, these shoes are highly functional, but could easily be worn outside of the restaurant and still appear stylish.
Additionally, the black-and-white exterior will adhere to many restaurants’ dress codes.
The outsoles of these work shoes are oil and slip resistant, with exceptional traction on slippery floors. The insole has two layers and is constructed of B.A.M., or Balance Active Movement, memory foam for all-day foot comfort. The molded EVA midsole offers plenty of support to minimize foot and ankle pain, even after a long waitressing shift. These features are made for the unique needs of restaurant workers and will prove ideal for many waitresses.
Built for the unpredictable restaurant environment, these shoes feature a NeverWet system that drive off liquid and food stains. Plus, an odor resistant lining fends off unpleasant smells so that you can continue to wear these shoes comfortably for many, many shifts to come.
- This sneaker has a casual design that’s stylish both in and out of the restaurant.
- The outsole is oil and slip resistant, providing greater safety as waitresses move around the kitchen and dining room.
- The molded EVA midsole is highly supportive for improved comfort and foot health.
- The 2-layer insole features B.A.M. memory foam for exceptional comfort.
- These shoes are both stain and odor resistant.
- The Canal Canvas Slip-Resistant shoes are quite affordable.
- The casual design of these work shoes may not be appropriate for high-end or fine dining restaurants.
- These shoes aren’t ideal for those who prefer an all-black design, given the white rubber rim and tip.
Aisun Women’s Slip On Platform Loafers
For waitresses who are shoe shopping on a budget, the Aisun Women’s Slip On Platform Loafers may be a viable option. While these comfy, casual shoes come in a range of different colors, waitresses may select the black option in order to adhere to their restaurant’s dress code.
These canvas shoes feature a quilted pattern for added visual interest. The slip-on construction is highly convenient, allowing you to get out the door faster on your way to work. In addition, these canvas sneakers include thick, cushioned rubber soles that relieve pressure on your feet, even after working as a waitress for hours on end.
These Aisun women’s loafers will give you a boost; the platform measuring 1.35 inches for some extra height. Despite this platform, these shoes are lightweight and quite comfortable to move around in.
- The Aisun Women’s Slip On Platform Loafers are highly affordable.
- When ordered in black, these sneakers will adhere to virtually any restaurant’s dress code.
- The quilted design is subtle and stylish; you may even want to wear these shoes outside of the restaurant.
- These shoes fit true to size, making it simple to get the perfect fit by ordering online.
- The cushioned rubber sole provides all-day support and comfort for your overworked feet.
- These shoes are primarily constructed from canvas and aren’t as durable as other shoes for waitresses.
- While some people may enjoy the added height provided by the 1.35-inch platform, others may find it uncomfortable.
- The slip-on design may cause your feet to slip out of the shoes at times while you’re wearing them.
Skechers Women’s Nampa-annod Food Service Shoe
The Skechers Nampa-annod Food Service Shoe for women is a great neutral waitressing shoe. Made from black polyurethane, the understated design will certainly adhere to any restaurant’s dress code. Additionally, you may select a wider size in order to put in custom orthopedic inserts, making these shoes ideal for waitresses with chronic foot conditions.
These food service shoes from Skechers have a flexible rubber sole for complete comfort on the job. The memory foam footbed provides ample cushioning to reduce foot pain on even your busiest of days. Plus, for increased safety, these women’s work shoes are slip resistant–an ideal footwear feature for anyone in the food service industry.
Customers love these women’s work shoes from Skechers for their practicality and comfort. The lightweight, slip-on design is convenient and ultra-comfortable for even the busiest of waitresses. The price of the Nampa-annod Food Service Shoe depends on the selected size and style. But, overall, this choice of footwear for waitressing is highly affordable.
- The black polyurethane design will coordinate with any waitressing uniform.
- The memory foam footbed provides support and comfort to minimize strain on the feet.
- The rubber sole is slip resistant for increased safety in the restaurant.
- The slip-on design of these waitressing shoes is both comfortable and easy to wear.
- While the slip-on feature provides added comfort, it may cause the shoes to slip off as you walk and move.
- For some individuals, the fit may be inconsistent from front to back, (i.e. the shoes may large in the front but too small on the sides).
- The 100% synthetic construction of these shoes may prove less durable than leather or other, higher-end materials.
MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe
The MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe in black is a stylish, high-quality footwear option for waitresses. Constructed of 100% stable leather, these shoes deliver on both attractiveness and durability–the full-grain leather upper section of the shoes is fully water-resistant. This water-resistant feature will keep the shoes in excellent shape for years to come, especially with the many spills and accidents that occur in a restaurant.
With these MOZO Food Service shoes, you can choose to utilize the built-in elastic goring for a slip-on style, or use the optional laces for a casual, traditional sneaker design. Either way, these shoes provide a great, comfortable fit for all-day wear.
For the comfort and support that waitresses require, these shoes feature top-notch gel insoles. The gel provides cushioning for your feet and ankles to minimize pain throughout the day. Additionally, the rubber sole and slip-resistant traction will make you feel safe and secure moving between the kitchen and dining room during busy shifts.
- These MOZO Food Service shoes for women are made entirely from high-quality leather, providing both exceptional durability and a classy look.
- The stylish design of these casual leather work shoes will allow you to wear them with many outfits, even outside of the restaurant.
- With the elastic goring and optional laces, you have the choice of either wearing these shoes as slip-ons or as typical sneakers.
- The gel insoles provide excellent comfort throughout long shifts and enough support to minimize foot pain.
- The slip-resistant traction feature makes these work shoes a safe, practical option for fast-moving waitresses.
- These MOZO work shoes are heavier than your average sneaker, which will prove inconvenient for those seeking an ultra-lightweight work shoes.
- Due to the fully leather construction of these waitressing shoes, the price tag is steeper when compared to other options on this list.
SR MAX Rialto Women’s Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker
The SR MAX Rialto Women’s Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker provides a sleek, streamlined, and understated look that’s ideal for waitresses needing a uniform-adherent shoe. The all-black design is pared down and minimizes bulk for a super comfy, neutral shoe.
One of the best features of this Rialto Women’s Sneaker is the MaxTrax slip resistant outsole. Food and drink spills happen every single day at restaurants, but these shoes provide the traction that waitresses need to stay safe and on their feet.
As an athletic shoe that also functions well as a work shoe, this product features an EVA, (or ethyl vinyl acetate), midsole. This provides excellent support for the feet and arches–given that the midsole is designed to offer enough comfort for runners, waitresses can feel confident that these shoes will offer enough support for a long day on the job.
Constructed from nylon mesh, these shoes are both breathable and lightweight. After hours on your feet at the restaurant, a heavier shoe may begin to take a toll on your feet and ankles, but these ultra-light sneakers will keep you comfortable for hours and hours. Also, the soft toe section of the shoe allows for flexibility throughout the foot.
When it comes to price, these athletic sneakers from Rialto are quite affordable. While these shoes aren’t the least expensive option on this list, the price point is certainly manageable.
- The streamlined design of this sneaker cuts down on bulk and maximizes comfort.
- The all-black style will fall within the boundaries of virtually any restaurant’s dress code.
- The MaxTrax slip resistant outsole will keep waitresses safer from falling while on the job.
- Waitresses may enjoy flexibility with these shoes, thanks to the soft toe section, as well as breathability from the nylon mesh material.
- Despite the fact that these shoes may easily be worn by waitresses in high-end restaurants, the price tag is quite affordable.
- The EVA midsole offers ample support for the feet and arches, meaning that waitresses will feel less strain on their feet and ankles throughout the day.
- The nylon mesh material in the shoes is not the most durable option on this list and may break down with the use of harsh chemicals.
- The sole of these shoes is thinner than other available options and may wear down quickly with intensive use.
Emeril Lagasse Women’s Quarter Slip-Resistant Work Shoe
These women’s work shoes from the Emeril Lagasse brand include numerous features that are ideal for workers in the restaurant industry. The shoes are constructed from 100% nubuck, which is a variety of leather that feels similar to velvet. This creates a high-end, stylish look combined with fantastic durability. These shoes are water and stain resistant, using the NeverWet system to drive off food and liquids to prevent stains.
For all-day comfort, these work shoes feature a molded EVA midsole. This provides support for the entire foot throughout long waitressing shifts.
Unlike the traditional sneaker design of the Emeril Lagasse shoes listed earlier in this article, this pair of work shoes from the same brand provide more coverage of the foot and ankle. While these restaurant shoes have a casual, lace-up look, the all-black exterior and nubuck leather material enable waitresses to dress up this shoe, if desired.
For complete comfort, these work shoes from Emeril Lagasse feature a B.A.M. Memory Foam Insole. The insole has two layers of memory foam, providing ample cushioning for even the longest days at the restaurant. The midsole includes a high energy return feature, designed to deliver on both comfort and support.
Shifts at the restaurant can be long and taxing. To control odors throughout those long days, these waitressing shoes include an odor resistant lining to keep your feet feeling fresh and smell-free. In addition, these waitressing shoes are oil and slip resistant to improve safety from the kitchen to the dining room.
While the Emeril Lagasse Women’s Quarter Slip-Resistant Work Shoe isn’t the least expensive option on this list, considering it’s many high-tech features and nubuck construction, the price tag is exceptionally low.
- The nubuck material is attractive, practical, and durable.
- The B.A.M. Memory Foam Insole, combines with the high energy return midsole, delivers wonderful support and comfort to help waitresses through long shifts at the restaurant.
- With the NeverWet system, these shoes are resistant to stains from food and liquids.
- The odor resistant lining will keep these shoes smelling fresh, even after they’ve been worn for shift after shift.
- The oil and slip-resistant feature of these shoes provide added traction.
- These shoes are bulkier than other available options and may not provide as much breathability as some waitresses would like.
Laforst Women’s Leather Slip Resistant Server Waitress Nurse Slip On Flat
For a simple, casual and highly affordable pair of waitressing shoes, choose the Laforst Women’s Leather Slip Resistant Server Waitress Nurse Slip On Flat. These professional shoes for women feature a leather construction and rubber sole for durability and stability. A 0.5” platform gives these shoes a small boost and a larger sole for greater stability. The rubber soles are slip-resistant for improved safety around the restaurant.
To provide the comfort that waitresses need to get through long shifts, these slip-on flats feature memory foam cushion insoles. The interior is lined with fabric for a lightweight feel.
These slip-on flats have a neutral design that will not only adhere to many different dress codes, but also coordinate with varying outfits–both in the restaurant and out. So, these inexpensive shoes are perfect for transitioning from work to a social event seamlessly.
- These shoes are affordable and are constructed from durable leather.
- The memory foam insoles are cushioned for all-day comfort on the job.
- The slip-on design is convenient, lightweight, and comfortable.
- The interior is fabric-lined for a soft feeling against your skin.
- These slip-on flats are quite narrow at the toe, which may be constricting for some people.
- These shoes don’t provide as much arch support as other options on this list.
Conclusion And Final Shoes for Waitresses Recommendations
The waitressing shoes listed above present a range of features, styles, and price points. Waitresses all have varying needs, preferences, and priorities, so it’s important to consider your individual lifestyle before buying a pair of work shoes.
The Dansko Women’s Professional Mule is a highly recommended product that checks every box for a great waitressing shoe. However, it does cost more than the other listed options, so it would be a fitting choice for waitresses with a flexible budget. Thankfully, waitresses needing an affordable shoe don’t have to sacrifice comfort and support. The Aisun Women’s Slip On Platform Loafers are highly affordable and offer the features needed by most waitresses. The multiple women’s work shoe options from the brand Skechers are also inexpensive and would be a good fit for restaurant servers.
As far as style is concerned, shoes for waitresses range from casual to dressy. The Emeril Lagasse Women’s Canal Canvas Slip-Resistant Work Shoe provide an everyday, relaxed look without skimping on high-quality design and features. For a dressier shoe, the Dansko Women’s Professional Mule would be a fitting choice. The MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe offers a style that’s somewhat in between dressed up and dressed down, with a fashionable design that can easily be worn outside the restaurant, too.
This article has reviewed the ten best shoes for waitresses in order to simplify your footwear hunt. Whether you’re on a tight budget, are seeking out a stylish professional shoe, require exceptional foot support, or all of the above, there’s a waitressing shoe available to you. So, happy shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions About Shoes for Waitresses
Do you have nagging questions about waitressing shoes that you’re dying for the answers to? In that case, you’re in luck–in this section, we’ve brought together the most frequently asked questions about shoes for waitresses.
What is the best fit for the Dansko Women’s Professional Mule Shoes?
The Dansko Women’s Professional Shoes should have a slightly looser fit than other types of shoes. As a clog, these shoes will fit more comfortably with a centimeter or two of extra length and width. With too tight of a fit, these Dansko shoes may cause skin discomfort, rubbing, and possibly blisters.
Is it possible to polish the SR MAX Rialto Women’s Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker?
Yes, the SR MAX Rialto Women’s Black Slip Resistant Athletic Sneaker is safe to polish. This is an excellent perk for waitresses working in fine dining restaurants who need a highly polished shoe.
Polishing this pair of Rialto shoes is quite simple and effective. A high shine can easily be achieved with just a bit of effort. Make sure to use a soft cloth and a gentle polishing solution on these shoes, as the polyurethane may break down under harsh chemicals.
What are the best materials for waitressing shoes?
The ideal material for waitressing shoes depends on individual needs. If you’re seeking a lightweight and breathable shoe, a nylon mesh material will likely be the best option for you. If durability is your main concern in a pair of shoes for waitressing, leather is your best bet. Most work shoes for women have rubber soles, which provides both durability and traction on many types of flooring.
Do the Dansko Women’s Professional Mule Shoes have traction on slippery surfaces?
Yes, the Dansko Women’s work shoes have a polyurethane outsole that provides traction on wet or slick surfaces and may help reduce risk of slipping. In addition, the wide heel strike provides stability, further reducing waitresses’ chances of falling in the fast-paced restaurant environment.
Do Emeril Lagasse Women’s work shoes fit true to size?
Yes, women’s waitressing shoes from the Emeril Lagasse brand of work shoes most often fit as expected and run true to size. The available sizes are U.S. women’s size 5 to 11, M (regular width) and W (extra width).
How can I make a pair of leather shoes, such as the Alegria Women’s Keli Professional shoes or the Dansko Women’s Professional Mule, stop squeaking as I walk?
To stop the squeaking noise that often occurs with leather shoes, remove the insole and apply a small amount of baby powder. The baby powder will absorb the moisture causing the squeaking and make the noise stop.
For shoes with soles that may not be taken out, apply the baby power on the inside of the shoe–this will have a similar effect.
Do the Alegria Women’s Keli Professional shoes allow for any stretch?
The material of these Alegria work shoes is quite soft and is marginally flexible. After wearing these shoes for the first few times, the leather will soften and become more comfortable against your feet. These professional shoes have a slip-on design, so the leather is designed to have some give.
Can I insert custom orthotic inserts into any pair of women’s work shoes?
While certain waitressing shoes advertise removable insoles, which allow you to put in custom orthotics, others do not. Prior to purchasing a pair of women’s work shoes, decide whether or not you’ll want to use custom orthotics. Oftentimes, you can simply order the shoe in a slightly larger size to accommodate the custom insole.