If you’re a runner who struggles with underpronation, you’re certainly not the only one. Underpronation is a common tendency among runners, especially those with high arches. When a runner underpronates, it means that his or her stride places impact unevenly across the foot, with the outside area of the foot receiving the highest amount of stress. Left unaddressed, this issue can cause complications to your foot and ankle health, or even injury. No runner wants to be slowed down or stopped cold by an injury, so it’s essential to manage your underpronation before it becomes a major issue.
Wearing proper footwear is one way to quickly manage underpronation, improve your stride, and reduce your risk of injury. By finding a solution to your underpronation as soon as possible, you can begin to take better care of your body and reduce pain down the line. Underpronation can seriously slow you down in the coming years, but with an excellent pair of running shoes, that doesn’t have to be the case.
Here, we’ve gathered a list of the best running shoes for underpronation in 2018. These shoes have been chosen based on supportive construction, ample cushioning, durability, and overall comfortable design. Refer to the included buying guide to hone your footwear search and discover what you truly need in a pair of running shoes for underpronation.
Are you ready to find the perfect pair of running shoes to manage underpronation? In that case, let’s get started.
Top Running Shoes for Underpronation Comparison Chart
|Product||Material||Sole Type||Price||Where to Buy?|
|ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes||Synthetic||Rubber||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Saucony Men’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Nike Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Nike Flex Experience RN 5 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|ASICS Women's Gel-Cumulus 17 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Nike Men’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Brooks Men’s Glycerin 13 Running Shoe||Mesh||$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Nike Men’s Air Max Torch 4 Running Shoe||Mesh||Suede||$$$$||Check Price On Amazon|
|New Balance Mt410 Running Men’s Shoes||Mesh||Rubber||$||Check Price On Amazon|
|Saucony Women’s Cohesion 8 Running Shoe||Textile & Synthetic||Rubber||$$||Check Price On Amazon|
Running Shoes for Underproation Buying Guide
Shopping for a great pair of running shoes can be daunting, to say the least. With high-tech design features, varying levels of support and cushioning, and all sorts of cutting-edge materials, it can be hard to know where to start. Here, we provide a collection of information about running shoes for underpronation. By learning about the different brands creating top running shoes today, as well as the abundance of factors to consider before selecting a shoe to purchase, you’ll be able to shop for footwear with confidence.
When it comes to running shoes, brand is an important aspect to consider. Varying running shoe brands use different technology, have contrasting priorities, and use dissimilar materials. In order to find the best running shoes for underpronation for you, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons of available brands. In doing so, you’ll become educated in how individual brands may offer distinct benefits for your needs.
Here, we’ve gathered the leading brands offering running shoes for underpronation. Read on for insights into each brand and the running shoes they sell.
With roots dating back to 1949, ASICS is an athletic footwear company created by Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka. The driving idea behind the ASICS brand is the critical roles of health and fitness in the creation of a happy lifestyle.
ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan in 1990. The extensive work being done at this state-of-the-art research facility is proof of ASICS dedication to cutting-edge athletic shoe technology. At the institute, researchers are testing new technologies to push ASICS products forward, from advanced shock absorption systems to Wet Grip® Rubber outsoles and features to prevent over and underpronation.
The New Balance brand offers a wide range of athletic shoes for people of all different lifestyles, from competitive athletes to active professionals and everyone in between. It has been in operation for over 100 years and is a major name in the athletic footwear industry. New Balance is a proud American brand that’s committed to making shoes in the United States.
New Balance shoes aim to provide the perfect combination of style and function. Fashion is important to this brand and that fact is apparent when you view the attractive designs of New Balance shoes. While New Balance shoes reflect style and creativity, they also include innovative features to provide the highest level of performance technology.
As one of the most popular and recognizable brands in the athletic shoe industry, it’s no surprise that Nike has made it into this guide. This brand is committed to being a leading name in sports innovations. Sustainable production methods and a global presence also drive Nike’s mission as a business.
Innovation and sustainability are the names of the game when it comes to Nike. From their products, you can expect cutting-edge design, high-quality materials, and sport-specific features.
The Brooks brand puts the needs of runners before all else. This company has a passion for running, and that shines through in all of the athletic shoes they offer. Brooks shoes are engineered to help customers improve with every run. To achieve this goal, Brooks conducts thorough biomechanical research to discover how runners can perform with greater strength, comfort, and support.
A love of running is undoubtedly the driving force behind the Brooks brand. If running is your absolute passion, this brand likely offers a number of great shoes for you to appreciate.
A longstanding name in the running shoe industry, Saucony has a rich history as a shoe company. Started in 1898 in Pennsylvania, this brand was one of the first leaders in high-performance running shoes. Ever since, this brand has been an innovator in the field and received widespread acclaim for their advanced running shoe designs.
Saucony shoes are designed with athletes in mind, but the company is committed to creating a healthier nation by getting people up and moving. Their Run for Good Foundation supports programs to benefit the coming generation of runners.
Running Shoe Features
Across all running shoe brands, there are certain features that underpronators should look for and take into account before making a purchasing decision. A list of top running shoe features could go on endlessly, but the following three aspects of athletic footwear are especially important for underpronators.
Underpronators put high amounts of impact on their feet, making great cushioning all the more important in a pair of running shoes. More specifically, underpronators should seek out shoes with plenty of cushioning in the arch and heel. Running shoes that are specially intended to relieve impact from underpronation feature lightweight cushioning with plenty of bounce at the forefoot, midfoot, and heel. These designs help to even out the amount of stress on the ankle with each stride, reducing your risk of injury.
Runners who underpronate tend to have high arches. Those with high arches may experience more pain when they run and are at a greater risk of rolling or spraining their ankles than those with flat feet. So, shoes for underpronators should have a highly stable design to fit runners’ needs. TPU, or thermoplastic polyurethane, reinforcement is one commonly seen addition to running shoe that provides excellent stability and promotes a more efficient stride.
Insoles: Removable vs. Non-removable
Some running shoes have insoles that can be easily removed and replaced with orthotic insoles, while others do not. But, which option is the best for you? Runners with foot conditions or who have suffered from injuries in the past often receive custom orthotic insoles from their doctors. In this case, it’s a wise decision to seek out a pair of running shoes with removable insoles.
Many running shoe models have been designed using highly advanced technology and biomechanics to achieve a performance-enhancing construction. A great number of runners will want to utilize these advanced designs and reap the benefits that they offer. So, unless you already have custom orthotic inserts that you’d like to use, shop around to find a pair of running shoes with supportive, cushioned, and comfortable insoles, right out of the box.
There are several factors to consider when seeking out the perfect pair of running shoes for you, but underpronators should pay particular attention to the features listed above.
Best Running Shoes for Underpronation Reviews
Use the list below to get started on the search for running shoes. The products listed below all deliver on quality, leading-edge features, comfort, and support. While you can’t go wrong with any of these fantastic products, certain shoes are better for some people than others, so consider the unique aspects of each shoe before making a decision.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes
The Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes from ASICS are best selling running shoes that may help to correct underpronation. These synthetic shoes feature a rubber sole to withstand frequent use. Plus, a large selection of color options is available, enabling you to select the perfect style option for you. From carbon and seashell pink to ice green and more, you’ll find a design to fit your preferences.
Underpronators will greatly appreciate the Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System included with the Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes. This system absorbs shock throughout the impact phase in running, providing an effortless transition to midstance. Underpronation and the pain that comes along with it will be abated by this cushioning system for improved foot health.
These running shoes from ASICS feature a trail-specific, AHAR outsole. AHAR stands for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber, which is extremely durable and reliable in the most demanding of conditions. The high-abrasion rubber is placed strategically in areas that receive the most impact as you run. This trail-specific outsole also includes reversed lugs. These lugs offer both uphill and downhill traction in any outdoor terrain, no matter how uneven. So, wherever your running may lead you, these ASICS running shoes can withstand the conditions.
Considering the features of the Gel-Venture 6 Shoes that are ideal for outdoor use, namely the trail-specific outsole with its reversed lugs, this product would be a wonderful choice for cross-country runners. Running on a cross-country trail requires a significant level of durability that’s simply not included with all athletic shoes. These ASICS women’s shoes, however, are constructed to last through intensive outdoor use.
- The Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System is ideal for underpronators because it reduces impact and absorbs shock to protect the feet and reduce risk of injury.
- The ASICS High Abrasion Rubber included with this shoe design is exceptionally durable to withstand intensive use. The specialized rubber is placed in areas that receive the most impact to maximize the lifespan of this shoe.
- The trail-specific outsole features reversed lugs to offer traction on both uphill and downhill terrain, making these shoes a fitting choice for cross-country runners.
- These women’s running shoes from ASICS come in a very wide range of colors so that you can find a style that you’ll truly love wearing.
- Customers note that these ASICS running shoes run somewhat larger in size than expected.
Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
The breathable, 100% mesh construction of the Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe makes it a comfortable product for intense workouts. In addition, the rubber sole is highly durable to keep these shoes in great shape for years to come. Numerous positive customer reviews vouch for the high quality of the Cohesion 10 shoes and should instill confidence in any buyer.
The Cohesion 10 Women’s Running Shoes from Saucony feature an innovative Heel Grid system. This thoughtful addition provides cushioning for the heel and increased stability for the foot and ankle, reducing the risk of injury in underpronators. These women’s running shoes also feature an Injection Molded EVA sole for incredible durability and flexibility.
The upper tongue section of these running shoes is constructed from breathable mesh, providing unmatched comfort during demanding workouts. The plush tongue and collar provide a small amount of extra padding for the foot–an ideal feature for those with sensitive feet, including underpronators.
The Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe is considered a neutral running shoe and will therefore be a fitting choice for many different individuals. This design comes in a large selection of colors so that you’ll find a style that you enjoy wearing. As an attractive and highly comfortable shoe, underpronators will benefit greatly from wearing this Saucony product on a regular basis.
- The Injection Molded EVA sole included in these Saucony running shoes provides a high level of durability and flexibility for the feet.
- The Heel Grid system offers excellent stability and cushioning for a safer stride.
- The breathable mesh material in the construction of these shoes offers comfort to runners, even during long, intense workouts.
- The plush tongue and collar provide additional comfort and padding.
- These women’s running shoes are available in many different colors, providing a choice of style for consumers.
- The insoles of these running shoes are not as closely molded to the contours of the feet as other available options.
- The insoles aren’t as cushioned as other available running shoes.
Saucony Men’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
These running shoes from Saucony include many of the same features as the model listed above, but are simply designed for men instead of women. With glowing customer reviews and a range of styles to choose from, the Saucony Men’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe is worth consideration, especially from underpronators.
The mesh construction of these Saucony running shoes provides great breathability. Breathable running shoes are highly comfortable, especially during long, grueling workouts. Additionally, these shoes feature a rubber sole for reliability on many different surfaces and cushioning throughout the shoe to support underpronators.
The Cohesion 10 Men’s Running Shoes feature an Injection Molded EVA sole. The EVA material provides both flexibility and durability for a comfortable stride. Underpronators will appreciate this advanced sole for the support and comfort it offers.
These men’s running shoes are available in extra wide sizes. Individuals with bunions, foot conditions, or generally wide feet will appreciate these additional sizing options. The Cohesion 10 men’s shoes are also available in nine different color options, appealing to varying tastes and preferences.
- The breathable mesh construction is comfortable, especially after long periods of wear.
- The Cohesion 10 shoes are designed for neutral to underpronators, so the construction is a great fit for runners who tend to underpronate.
- The Injection Molded EVA sole greatly increases the lifespan of this shoe and provides flexibility for greater comfort.
- These Saucony shoes are available in wide sizes to accommodate different foot sizes and conditions.
- These lightweight running shoes aren’t the best fit if you’re seeking a heavy-duty athletic shoe.
- Some customers note that these athletic shoes fit smaller than expected.
Nike Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe
From the trusted Nike brand, the Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe features a comfy, breathable mesh construction and remarkable features to promote healthy feet. Plus, available in a remarkable selection of over 25 different color combinations, this running shoe is designed to offer something for everyone.
Underpronators will certainly appreciate the many supportive features of the Nike Revolution 3 shoes. This model features underlays in the vamp and toe tip, providing a high level of support. These underlays also create enough structure to protect the feet and ankles from injury due to underpronation. To provide added response and support, horizontal bellows are cut into the foam of these shoes. In combination, these features minimize fatigue and work to ensure a healthy stride.
For the cushioning that all runners and walkers seek in a great pair of shoes, the Nike Revolution 3 shoes feature a soft foam midsole. This section provides responsive, supportive cushioning without weighing the shoe down. In fact, this foam midsole is quite lightweight to reduce strain on the legs, back, and ankles.
The mesh upper portion of the Nike Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe is made from breathable, single-layer mesh to provide comfort and reduce odors after a long, taxing day. Overall, the Nike Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe is a comfortable and well-rounded shoe to wear on a day-to-day basis for those who underpronate.
- The breathable, single-layer mesh construction is comfortable, breathable, and reduces odors.
- The included underlays in the vamp and toe tip provide enough support to reduce risk of injury from underpronation.
- The foam in these shoes features horizontal bellows for additional response and support.
- The Revolution 3 Running Shoes have a soft foam midsole with supportive cushioning for improved foot health.
- These shoes are quite lightweight and are available in a huge selection of colors.
- These Nike Women’s Running Shoes don’t offer as much shock absorption or protection against high-impact activities as other available models.
- This model is tighter in the toe box than some other running shoes.
Nike Flex Experience RN 5 Running Shoe
The Nike Flex Experience RN 5 Running Shoe is not only a top-rated product, but also a well-rounded running shoe for many different types of people. It features a lightweight construction and breathable mesh material for complete comfort, even at the end of a long, exhausting day.
With a durable rubber sole, these Nike Running Shoes are reliable on all types of surfaces and provide flexibility for the feet. The phylon midsole features a high-tech pressure feature mapping to reduce impact during demanding activities. This thoughtfully designed mid-sole also provides lightweight cushioning to reduce foot pain and swelling.
To promote a healthy stride and efficient range of motion, these running shoes have full-length, articulated flex grooves. These grooves help you achieve smooth transitions and minimize impact on the feet and ankles. To provide added support, the Nike Flex Experience RN 5 Running Shoe has a molded EVA sockliner, offering comfort and support for the feet inside of the shoes.
These Nike running shoes are available in a wide range of color options so that you’re sure to find a style you enjoy wearing. The design is ideal for those struggling with underpronation and who have high arches.
- The lightweight construction with breathable mesh is comfortable to wear all day long.
- The phylon midsole includes pressure mapping to reduce impact and support the feet and ankles.
- The midsole offers ample cushioning and is comfortable.
- The rubber sole of these Nike running shoes is both flexible and durable.
- These shoes include full-length, articulated flex grooves for smooth transitions and reduced impact.
- The molded EVA sockliner offers comfort within the shoe for long-lasting comfort.
- Customers note that these running shoes take some time to break in and may cause discomfort when worn straight out of the box.
- These Nike shoes run smaller than expected.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus 17 Running Shoe
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus 17 Running Shoe is a leading choice in supportive athletic footwear for underpronators. The full synthetic, lace-up construction is available in three color options: Black/Silver/Onyx, Silver/Hot Pink/Turquoise, and Aqua Mint/Flash Yellow/Navy.
These women’s running shoes from the brand ASICS have a mesh upper, providing breathability throughout long workouts. Plus, the tongue and collar are padded to provide the additional support required by runners. The design is intended to create a glove-like fit, omitting the seams and stitches traditionally used for running shoes to minimize discomfort or irritation.
These ASICS shoes feature an Impact Guidance System, or I.G.S. This advanced addition improves runners’ natural gait from heel strike to toe-off by linking the Guidance Line and Trusstic System componentry. This system also improves midfoot structural integrity for reduced risk of injury.
Underpronators need plenty of cushioning in their footwear, and the Gel-Cumulus 17 Running Shoe certainly delivers in that area. The ASICS GEL rearfoot and forefoot cushioning offer incredible shock absorption to greatly reduce the impact on your body with every stride. You’ll notice an improvement in the way your body feels when wearing the Gel-Cumulus 17 shoes.
These ASICS running shoes feature a FluidRide midsole. This midsole is not only exceptionally lightweight, but also provides incredible bounceback for greater rebound, more bounce, and a more streamlined gait.
- The design of the Gel-Cumulus 17 Running Shoe is especially intended to suit the needs of neutral and underpronators.
- The mesh construction offers breathability to keep your feet feeling fresh and odor-free.
- The tongue and collar sections include ample padding for foot comfort.
- For an ultra-comfy, glove-like fit, the design of these ASICS shoes omits traditional seams and stitches.
- The Impact Guidance System improves the natural gait from heel strike to toe-off, minimizing risk of injury.
- The Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning provides shock absorption and impact reduction for enhanced comfort and safety.
- The FluidRide midsole is lightweight and offers excellent bounceback.
- The rubber outsole of these running shoes provides less flexibility than other models and is relatively stiff.
- The Gel Cumulus 17 model doesn’t provide as much traction as other running shoe options.
Nike Men’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe
The Nike Men’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe ticks every box when it comes to comfortable, supportive athletic shoes for underpronation. With a large collection of colors to choose from and a sleek, modern design, these running shoes are sure to be a hit among consumers.
To provide long-lasting comfort and breathability, these running shoes feature a mesh upper section. The overall construction is lightweight to provide a feeling of ease. The rubber outsole is not only highly durable, but also provides plenty of traction for high performance in many types of outdoor terrain. To further enhance the traction offered by these shoes, the design includes molded pods. These pods flatten when impact is exerted on them, then spring back at the toe-off. This causes a piston effect, providing highly responsive cushioning for exceptional comfort.
Runners who struggle with underpronation need plenty of cushioning, and the Nike Men’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe certainly deliver in that regard. These shoes feature a soft foam midsole with lightweight cushioning that’s responsive to your movements. This cushioned midsole not only feels great, but also reduces the impact on your feet that can cause pain.
For added support and structure, these Nike men’s running shoes include underlays in the vamp and toe tip. The Nike shoes offer an impressive range of features and have an attractive design for men.
- The upper mesh provides breathability for all-day wear.
- These running shoes include a highly durable rubber outsole.
- For fantastic traction in many conditions, these shoes include molded pods. These pods also create a piston effect to reduce impact on the feet.
- The soft foam midsole includes lightweight cushioning to minimize foot pain.
- Underlays in the vamp and toe tip provide additional support.
- The insole is glued in and may become loose when the shoes are worn for long periods of time.
- Some customers note that these running shoes fit smaller than expected.
Brooks Men’s Glycerin 13 Running Shoe
The Brooks Men’s Glycerin 13 Running Shoe is constructed with the needs of neutral to underpronators in mind. More specifically, the Glycerin 13 is a fantastic choice for runners with medium to high arches. The breathable and lightweight mesh upper design provides a comfortable fit, while advanced features provide the necessary support for a healthy stride. Additionally, a padded tongue and collar provide plenty of cushioning for athletes and non-athletes alike.
In addition to providing breathability, the lightweight mesh upper is built to withstand the elements so that you can safely run outside in any conditions. To reduce the overall weight of these running shoes, 3D Fit Print overlays have been included in the design, providing structural support without adding bulk or weight. Plus, the adjustable saddle construction delivers a close, custom fit that provides a high level of comfort as you run.
These men’s running shoes from Brooks feature a full-length, super DNA midsole. The high-level foam material provides improved energy return, excellent support, and plenty of cushioning for a healthy stride. For incredible shock absorption, the Segmented Crash Pad includes plush cushioning. This also enables smooth transitions and a more efficient stride.
The soft blown rubber forefoot material of the Glycerin 13 Running Shoe provides a secure grip and light cushioning for even greater comfort. Additionally, the rounded heel design minimizes stress on the feet, ankles, and joints throughout the body by aligning force through the middle of the ankle joint. To enhance pressure distribution throughout the heel and forefoot, the ideal pressure zones feature is included in the outsole of this shoe. These Brooks running shoes for men also have a stable universal platform.
- The breathable mesh design, with a padded tongue and collar, is highly comfortable.
- The lightweight mesh upper is durable and can withstand outdoor use.
- These Brooks running shoes are built to minimize bulk with 3D Print overlays.
- The adjustable saddle and universal platform provide a snug, secure fit.
- The full-length, super DNA midsole offers exceptional support and cushioning.
- The Segmented Crash Pad and ideal pressure zones absorb shock and reduce pressure on the feet and ankles.
- The rounded heel design protects the ankles from injury with proper alignment.
- These Brooks running shoes fit somewhat tightly in the toe box. Runners with wider feet will do better with a different choice of footwear.
Nike Men’s Air Max Torch 4 Running Shoe
The Nike Men’s Air Max Torch 4 Running Shoe is a popular and attractive running shoe with an advanced design. The mesh construction provides durability and comfort after long periods of time on your feet. These running shoes come in a large range of colors so that you can find a style that you enjoy wearing.
For a close, reliable fit and minimal movement within the shoe as you walk or run, the Max Torch 4 features TPU overlays. TPU, or thermoplastic polyurethane, is a variety of plastic that provides reinforcement in running shoes for greater stability. In addition, the outsole has a waffle fill design that provides excellent durability and traction on all types of surfaces. This multi-surface traction grants greater safety and reduces risk of injury.
For maximum cushioning that underpronators are sure to appreciate, the Nike Air Max Torch 4 shoes include a Visible Max Air unit, located in the heel. The Nike Visible Air feature is an advanced form of cushioning technology that is sure to deliver on both comfort and improved foot health. The phylon midsole in the forefoot of these running shoes also contributes to the design’s cushioned feel.
- The mesh construction of the Max Torch 4 Running Shoe provides the durability needed to be comfortable on your feet for long periods of time.
- TPU overlays provide a secure fit and enhanced stability.
- Customers note that these Nike running shoes are highly durable and stay in top condition for a long time.
- The waffle fill outsole provides traction on a range of surfaces and long-lasting durability.
- The included Visible Max Air unit in the heels of these running shoes provide top-caliber cushioning for fantastic comfort and support.
- The phylon midsole in the forefoot provides additional cushioning for underpronators.
- The construction of the Air Max Torch 4 isn’t as lightweight as some competing models.
- These Nike running shoes don’t offer as much flexibility in the outsole as other available shoes.
New Balance Mt410 Running Men’s Shoes
The New Balance Mt410 Running Shoes for Men are both affordable and highly rated. The leather and mesh construction provides a great balance of breathability and durability.
For a reliable and long-lasting construction, these New Balance running shoes for men include an upper with TPU reinforcement. The upper is made from synthetic and mesh materials. The Mt410 shoes also feature a molded external counter and no-sew overlays for complete functionality. These shoes are highly supportive, making them a fitting choice to manage underpronation.
The highly durable construction of these New Balance Running Shoes allows them to withstand all types of conditions. So, no matter what you may encounter on the road, the Mt410 can handle it. You may choose to wear these men’s shoes with or without socks. The design accommodates either option, providing benefits of both barefoot-style shoes and traditional cushioned running shoes.
These New Balance shoes provide great stability to prevent injuries and accidents. The design offers enough support to satisfy the needs of underpronators and individuals with foot conditions.
- The leather and mesh design is breathable and durable.
- These shoes feature TPU reinforcement to create the construction’s lifespan and boost reliability in extreme conditions.
- The Mt410 include a molded external counter and no-sew overlays.
- These New Balance men’s running shoes may be worn with or without socks.
- The stability of the Mt410 shoes protects runners who underpronate from injury.
- These New Balance shoes are only available in one color option, which is Grey/Navy.
- Many customers note that the fit of the Mt410 running shoes is not as expected.
Saucony Women’s Cohesion 8 Running Shoe
The Saucony Women’s Cohesion 8 Running Shoe is a high-quality and top-rated product. The constructed from textile and synthetic materials, these women’s running shoes are both attractive and functional. Available in two color options, Blue/Green or Grey/Blue/Citron, a variety of women will love to have these shoes in their closet.
These women’s running shoes from Saucony feature a mesh upper for breathability and reflective hits to provide visibility in the dark. These reflective hits protect runners from oncoming traffic and bikers at night.
The Cohesion 8 shoe is a great option for underpronators because it features an extra 2 mm of foam. This additional cushioning provides the comfort and support needed to manage underpronation, as well as a range of other foot conditions. The breathable mesh upper keeps the feet cool and comfortable, even after long, active days.
These Saucony running shoes feature a Heel GRID System. This fantastic addition provides stable cushioning to minimize injury and protect against ankle rolls. These shoes also include an IMEVA midsole, offering responsive cushioning, exceptional durability, and enhanced shock attenuation to minimize foot discomfort.
The supportive insole included with the Cohesion 8 shoes is removable so that you may insert custom orthotics, if desired. The forefoot design includes flex grooves for greater flexibility in every stride. Plus, the lining of these shoes is made from a breathable material for all-day foot comfort.
These Saucony running shoes are specially designed to provide cushioning for neutral to underpronators. Despite its many advanced features, the Cohesion 8 Running Shoe comes at a very affordable price.
- The mesh upper and inner lining of these shoes are breathable for long-lasting comfort.
- These Saucony running shoes feature reflective hits for visibility and safety while running outdoors at night.
- The extra 2 mm of foam cushioning included in these shoes provide exceptional comfort.
- The Cohesion 8 Running Shoe features the Heel GRID System, which offers stability, cushioning, and injury protection.
- These shoes include an IMEVA midsole for durability, responsive cushioning, and shock attenuation.
- The insole of these women’s running shoes is removable for the optional insertion of custom orthotics.
- Flex grooves at the forefoot provide excellent flexibility for a healthy stride.
- These Saucony women’s running shoes don’t come in as many colors as many of its competitors.
- The toe box doesn’t offer as much room for sensitive feet as some runners may need.
Conclusion And Final Running Shoes for Underpronation Recommendations
In the realm of running shoes for underpronation, there are several excellent options to choose from. The running shoes listed above represent a selection of varying brands, features, price points, and styles, so you can truly find an option that fits your needs.
For a fantastic combination of style and function, consider the Nike Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe and the Nike Men’s Air Max Torch 4 Running Shoe. These Nike originals come in a huge selection of attractive color options, and offer advanced features for stability and comfort.
Cross-country runners, and anyone who runs outdoors in a variety of conditions, should consider the ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes. These shoes feature a trail-specific outsole with reversed lugs to provide traction in any terrain, in addition to offering a supportive construction for underpronators.
Men with medium to high arches should give special consideration to the Brooks Men’s Glycerin 13 Running Shoe. This footwear option provides all-day comfort for underpronators and an exceptional amount of cushioning to improve your foot health over time.
Underpronation may seem like a lot to deal with when it comes to shoe shopping. But, not only is this tendency common among runners, it’s accounted for in many running shoe designs. The numerous shoe options for underpronation listed in this article prove that with the right footwear choice, you can keep underpronation in check and run injury-free for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions About Running Shoes for Underpronation
If this article has left you with any questions about running shoes for underpronation, you’ve come to the right place. Below, you’ll find answers to common questions about underpronation athletic footwear.
Can I find orthotic shoe inserts especially for underpronation?
Yes, there are plenty of orthotic insoles for sale on the market today that are designed to correct underpronation and promote a healthy stride. These insoles are built to put your feet in proper alignment and even out the amount of weight taken by your feet as you run. While many running shoes for underpronation come with built-in insoles that help with underpronation, you may find that an insole purchased separately provides greater support or includes features that will benefit you individually.
Should I order running shoes in one half size larger than normal to account for foot swelling?
It’s important to select a size of running shoe that fits your foot closely, if not perfectly. Any extra room in the shoe will allow for movement within the shoe as you run, which can lead to discomfort and even injury. While it’s true that your feet may swell and become tight in the shoe, it’s advised to order running shoes true to your natural foot size, not the size that your feet become when swollen. If you find the right pair of running shoes for you, they should help to reduce swelling and keep your feet in great shape, even after a grueling run.
What is the benefit of cushioning in the heel of a running shoe?
When extra cushioning is placed in the heel area of a running shoe, less impact is imparted on the entire foot with every stride. Running is an activity that’s hard on the body, so any feature to reduce impact on your body will help to minimize aches and pains, as well as prevent overuse injuries. Underpronators are at a higher risk of injury than runners with a neutral stride, so additional cushioning in running shoes is a highly attractive feature. Heel cushioning also reduces strain on the Achilles tendon to prevent Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis.
What is a neutral running shoe?
Running shoes that are considered “neutral” are designed to fit the needs of runners with mid to high arches. Neutral construction generally features a level foot strike to stabilize the ankles and prevent injuries, such as foot sprains and twisted ankles. You’ll often find that neutral running shoes are also appropriate for underpronators.
“About ASICS | ASICS US.” ASICS, ASICS America Corporation, www.asics.com/us/en-us/about.
“Meet Brooks – Our Purpose.” Brooks Running, Brooks Sports, Inc., www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/Meet-Brooks/our-purpose/.
“Inside NB Overview.” New Balance, New Balance, www.newbalance.com/about-new-balance-content-assets/inside-nb-overview.html.
“Our Community.” Saucony History – Shoe Designer & Manufacturer | Saucony, Saucony, www.saucony.com/en/community/.
“Read Nike’s Mission Statement and Find Information about NIKE, Inc.” Nike News, Nike, Inc., about.nike.com/.